Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Who says size matters anyway?

I was dressing Breanna yesterday and realized her 18-month bibs just will not do the trick. One sit-down and she'll split her snaps. So I grabbed a bigger pair from the back of the closet and they fit perfectly. Size 3T. No kidding.

I guess it shouldn't be that shocking, since my non-maternity pants range from size 6 to 12 depending on the brand, and my shirts go from XS to L (in going-out tops, anyway). What is wrong with this country - and why can't we get consistent sizes, like men's pants and shirts? Maybe it's a translation problem, considering most clothes aren't made in the USA anyway.

Regardless, 3T seems really exciting, especially since we haven't even dug into 2Ts. It makes the idea of another child joining the family seem just a little less daunting.

Another sign of growing up was when Breanna brought me the socks that Lillian had just yanked off, handed them to me, and said, "Here's some socks for you, Mama." As in a whole big sentence. At once. One that made sense, no less. A few minutes later, Lillian said "Go potty" as she went on the potty chair. Yay! Progress is a wonderful thing!

No comments: