Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Magic of Six Weeks

Only six more weeks and we'll have a full-term baby. At this point in my pregnancy with the girls, I was in the hospital, worried sick about our itty bitty preemies who'd just been taken by C-section. What a difference in our lives.

Everything is looking good for us baby-wise, but we're still not totally ready. DH still needs to pick up a bassinet from his buddy . And we have our 35-week ultrasound on Wednesday, during which we'll hopefully confirm with more certainty that we're having a boy. After that ultrasound, I plan to wash up a load of boy clothes and then do a bunch of last-minute boy-clothes shopping. I haven't wanted to go too crazy until I was more sure - just in case.

Other than the sleeping quarters and clothing, we're pretty much ready. I have a list made of what to pack in my hospital bag, DH's hospital bag, and the girls' bag, just in case they end up going to Grandma Becky's or something. My mom plans to come up here as soon as she gets the call to come take care of the girls, but in our climate, I always like to have a backup plan. Thankfully the hospital is literally four blocks away.

I've continued to look for some temporary work to get me by until the baby arrives so that the girls can still go to daycare (and so I don't get quite so exhausted), but no luck so far. I went on one interview and left within 15 minutes, just knowing in my gut that something illegal was happening with the skeezers conducting the interview. Then I had an actual job offer this week, but it ended up being basically a Kirby salesman except with knives. Anyone care to solicit their friends and neighbors and sucker them into giving your their friends' and families' phone numbers so you can peddle cutlery? I don't think so.

I'd rather just live on a budget and be wiped out from busy girls. The whole past two weeks have been humbling to say the least. So, I continue to lower my household cleanliness standards and increase the amount of peace in our home. It's still an adjustment, but really not so bad. The kids are down for naps, so I guess I'd better get back to making my grocery list. Company's coming this weekend. Hooray!

No comments: