Monday, January 14, 2008

And now... nothing

After a very busy, somewhat exhausting weekend of company and bridal shower (and not getting home until 11:35 last night), I'm done. From here on out, the only official anything is a weekly doctor appointment. I have a couple writing projects that have no set due dates - as in grace periods of two to three months. But that's it.

Thankfully, by having the shower at my mother-in-law's house yesterday, I was able to dump off lots of stuff that had been in my way around here these past few weeks (gifts, favors, napkins, games, etc.). And I didn't have to bring any leftover food home, so that's a bonus, as well.

Now the great cleanup will begin. When my up-nort' pal Amanda and I left for my in-laws' house yesterday morning, our husbands were feeling rather miserable after their walking tour of our local downtown nightlife. My DH was still in bed, moaning, with the patio door open, snow coming in, and his head lying on his underwear at the foot of the bed. Hers was moaning on the inflatable bed in our living room, trying to forget his sleepwalking woes of the night before.

Once I realized how worthless the guys would be in helping us get out of the house (specifically getting the carseats out of DH's giant man truck and back into my nice little car), I said forget it. We ended up just driving the big diesel with the carseats still in it. When Amanda and I raced out of here, I left all the breakfast messes from us girls right where we'd made them. Upon returning just before midnight last night, I found everything exactly where I'd left it for the guys. French toast batter still on the stove top. Sausages still on the plate. Brummel and Brown still out. A full container of juice on the counter. And clean plates and silverware on the table (the only non-gross part of the whole scene). Oh well.

Today the girls had a good breakfast and are already down for naps - they're still not at 100%, but are getting much better. Now the dishwasher is running and all that's left in the kitchen is a mild wipe-down and the putting-away of clean stuff. Then on to laundry, which was neglected all weekend.

A great big hooray for a clean horizon. I'm really looking forward to these next few weeks of non-busyness. Maybe a little nesting, but nothing major. I might even squeeze in a few manicures. Aah, at last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot stop laughing picturing him on the inflatable bed !just snoring away