Tuesday, January 22, 2008

And the Old Woman Snores

As the cold I acquired from my generous daughters clings to its last breaths, I still have a bit of stuffiness. Apparently, the result is some pretty horrific snoring.

When I tried to get DH out of bed this morning, he was a bear. Even after turning on the lights and coming back into the bedroom twice, he still just couldn't drag himself out of bed. I finally asked what his problem was and he said grouchily, "You. You snored all night long and I hardly got any sleep."

I suggested that he could have gone out to the living room to snooze. He stated that he tried it, but my snoring was loud enough to bug him out there, too. Aah, the unintentional paybacks for those younger days when he'd go out for drinks and then come home to snore me awake all night. At least I had bedrooms on a different level of the house back then.

Oh well, it's only temporary. This cold is just a half-step from disappearing in its entirety. Thank goodness - there are few things in the world that could make me feel less womanly - between being caught snoring or letting one rip, what else can strip one's femininity quicker? At least I'm not sprouting any back hair or BO. (That I know of anyway.)

No comments: