Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Few New Things Learned Today

- Breanna knows how to climb the dining room furniture and stand on top of the table.

- Lillian's best defense is to lie down on the floor, where you can't finish dressing her.

- I won't die if I don't get a shower in before noon. It makes it easier for me to go down for a morning nap when the girls go if the sleep isn't out of my eyes yet.

- Breanna calls everything that she's not supposed to touch "hot" as she shakes her head back and forth.

- Lillian goes to sleep for naps much better if her head is covered with a light flannel blanket and she actually prefers to cover her own head.

- If I don't send out invoices right after completing projects, I'll keep forgetting for weeks. And weeks. I finally sent three of them tonight.

- When the girls still have colds and are whiny and driving me nuts with their whininess, I can shock them into forgetting they were whining by hollering a super-quick, loud whine back. Their eyebrows shoot right up and they sit there, stunned.

- They also understand that hugging your sister when she's struggling seems to help the situation. What a sweet thing to see.

No comments: