Thursday, January 03, 2008

7 weeks and counting

I had a great check-up at my OB today. I can hardly believe how fast delivery day is approaching. We did a non-stress test (NST) and it was so fast and easy with just one baby in there. I'm going to do them once a week until delivery.

And we're almost through with my first week of being a stay-at-home mom. I'm thankful to have only had one big sobbing breakdown - that's a small miracle in itself.

I am completely astonished at how NOT cut out for this I am. Poor DH walked in last night to find the girls covered in supper and me covered in tears, sobbing in the kitchen. They are SO busy and SO curious and SO into everything.

Between keeping them clothed (now they both know how to strip and fling poop like monkeys), and keeping them from killing themselves as they catapult out of their cribs, and keeping them from eating dryer lint and keeping them from escaping through our deck door, it is constant. Add to that that they are weaning down to one nap a day and I'm beside myself. I don't dare to go to the bathroom without taking them in with me for fear of what I'll come out to find.

Today, I managed to brew up a cup of coffee (two hours after we got up) and set it back on the desk while I went to change a diaper. While I was buttoning up Breanna's pants, in walked Lillian with my empty coffee mug. "All done," she chirped in her sweet little voice. Sure enough, you could follow the trail from the entryway through the dining room and all the way to the computer desk. Coffee sure shows up well on cream apartment carpet.

Our Christmas gifts are still not all put away yet, and one of my articles is still not quite done yet. And my eyes still are drooping. but anyway. I've never been so relieved to drop them off at daycare for a few hours. When I reached the OB office, I think I relaxed for the first time all week.

Only one "work" day left. Wish me luck.

No comments: