Thursday, January 17, 2008

Big Baby C

I went to the clinic for my 35-week ultrasound today, which revealed a healthy-looking 5-pound, 4-ounce bundle of boy (give or take some size). No wonder I feel so gigantic!

Everything looks just as it should for 35 weeks, with no worries of going into labor tonight or anytime real soon. Good, since we still haven't packed our bags, nor have we lined up someone to hang with the girls from when I go to the hospital until my mom arrives.

But, we do know for sure now that we're having a son, so I'm going to rip tags off the boy clothes and get everything washed this weekend. Still not so sure where we're going to keep the boy clothes for now, but that's ok, I guess. We may end up with a Rubbermaid tote for a dresser until we're in the new house. I still cannot imagine squeezing another person into our little apartment, but I'm sure we'll make it.

The house is coming along beautifully, so we're still on track to move in right after the spring Parade of Homes. Hooray! I'll take my folks out to the building site this weekend and grab a few pictures. It looks a lot bigger now that it's roofed, but that could be affected a bit by the coziness of our current abode. I'm excited about the hugeness of the windows - especially overlooking our stamped concrete patio surrounded by a back yard of woods. I get more enthusiastic each time I see the continuing progress.

A few friends have recently asked how I like driving a mom-mobile. Honestly, I still have my Camry, driving it up until the last minute, I guess. I feel so unmotivated to get a big vehicle. Maybe next week...

No comments: