Friday, January 11, 2008

Recipe for a Backache

Both our girls came home from their mini-vacation with in-laws with nasty colds this week. Poor Lillian cries each time she coughs and they're both dripping gobs of snot. At least I can hand them a kleenex and tell them to wipe their own noses instead of having to do that for them. They're certifiably miserable, stinking of Vics and sick breath.

We had a very long day today. I had DH meet me at the walk-in clinic this morning, where we learned that Lillian has an ear infection on top of her cold.

I figured they'd sleep all afternoon, being sick and missing morning naps. Ha ha. Each slept about 20 minutes at different times. Both girls wanted to be held and rocked all day, but didn't want to share Mom with one another. That, combined with us not having a rocking chair, made for a very sore back for me. Needless to say, I'm ready for a vacation. Alone. With a masseuse. And lots and lots of pillows and fresh, hot coffee. (Oh how I miss the days when I could drink a whole cup of coffee in one sitting - without it getting cold.)

I think I'll just have to settle for a 10-minute sit-down to blog before getting back to dusting and vacuuming. I'm pretty sure it's been at least three weeks since I last dusted. Oh well. Happy Friday, friends! May you be blessed with a snot-free weekend!

No comments: