Thursday, January 31, 2008

Car Shopping Sucks

For the record, I can't think of many things that would suck the life out of me faster right now than spending another minute in a car dealership. No pun intended re: a baby life coming out of me literally.

Once again, as is the case with EVERY stinking car dealership I've ever dealt with, they told me a vehicle had ABS, then I checked, and it didn't. I don't understand the confusion - it's so easy to turn the key to on and then look for the ABS light on the dash. No light = no ABS.

Needless to say, I STILL don't have a vehicle. Tomorrow morning at 10, however, I'll pick up the '05 Caravan that my mechanic blessed this afternoon. It's sage - ew. And then I'm done for a while.

Why haven't our local dealerships invested in making the emotional experience more positive? Everything is flourescent lights and white tile, stinky garage smells and over-cologned sales schmucks. What's wrong with comfortable furniture or even some decent lighting? When you consider how much money a person spends on a vehicle purchase, the sales atmosphere is appalling. I have such a headache right now. And yet, we continue to buy more vehicles.

Do I sound like a whiny, oversized pregnant lady yet? This exhausted and crabby chica is going to bed early tonight. As in 9:00 or perhaps even earlier. I look forward to a new day tomorrow - with very little time at Corwins.

No comments: