Friday, January 25, 2008

Anyone need a twin fix?

I'm looking for a babysitter for tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon for a few hours. A new publication that I'm going to start working with (very small beans) has an event that DH and I have been invited to, but it's a business thing. Care to come by? Or send a trusty teen from your family? Please call. : ) I need the help from 1 to about 5. Everyone always says they want to babysit but that I never ask, so here I ask.

Onto another topic... I went in for my non-stress test on Wednesday and had my vitals checked upon arrival. The scale said I'd gained three pounds from the week before. Whaaaat? Then I remembered, I always take my shoes off when I arrive. And that day, I was wearing tall black leather boots. So I asked to take them off and reweigh. The nurse rolled her eyes and said it wouldn't make much difference, but 2.25 pounds lighter, I felt much better. Not quite a pound of weight gain from one week to the next is much easier to handle than 3.

All is still looking good in the baby department, although it's still hard to imagine that we're less than one month away. This little guy is just bouncing away, fascinating our girls when they see the movements!

On a happy and ironic note, my one and only darling sister informed me yesterday that her big ultrasound (at her halfway point) is scheduled the morning of my due date, February 21. I told her that I'm asking for forgiveness in advance if my doctor gets called away to my delivery and they have to reschedule the exam. At least I know I won't get in the way of her ultrasound. It's all so very exciting!

No comments: