Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What's new in estrogen central



The girls and I have been bonding lately, staying cooped up in our little rental unit together - the girls club. Thankfully DH came home yesterday evening and gave me respite for a couple hours once we got the girls to bed. Last night was the first time I left the apartment since we all went to church on Sunday - and it was just to run to Home Depot and the grocery store. And the cold fresh air felt SO good!

(This was also my first trip in the minivan since I bought it on Friday, and I felt as uncool as possible. I even took off my sexy hoop earrings and put them in my pocket because it felt so hypocritical.)

Breanna and Lillian are full of kisses these days. Lilli has been coming up to me, lifting my shirt and saying, "Nice baby", while she rubs my tummy, then kisses it. Then she goes over to her dollies and says, "Nice baby." It's pretty cute.

Breanna's latest thing has been to bully Lillian - like really mean stuff. Shoving, stealing, yanking hair - the works. She's become very greedy in the last week. When we catch her, we make her kiss Lillian and she then pets Lilli's head and says, "Nice. Nice." And now at bedtime when she kisses each of us goodnight, she kisses on the lips, and then on each of your cheeks. Sweet little Frenchie.

The baby is kicking away like crazy - he's a real mover compared to what the girls were like. DH was completely shocked to see all the activity when I made him sit down and watch for a couple minutes last night. He commented it's a wonder I get any sleep at all. I have to agree with him. He also commented that it looks like he'll be about 30 pounds at birth. Thanks a lot.

It's so nice to know we're likely to bring our baby home from the hospital with us when I'm discharged, though. Any time now... I'm anxious to meet him.

No comments: