Monday, February 11, 2008

Babies Everywhere But in Our Household

In the last couple weeks, two new babies have entered our lives. My dear friend, Danyellow, had a handsome little guy named Beau the night of January 30th. Both are doing fine and are hopefully relaxing and bonding at home in LeMars, Iowa. Danyellow and I went to college together at Briar Cliff, and have stayed close ever since. She and I met up in Sioux Falls this past autumn for an weekend of catch up and belly comparisons. Beau is bound to be spoiled by his big sister, Brooklyn, who seems like she's practically a grown up already. I can't wait to see them in person - hopefully this spring sometime!

Last week our tax accountant and his wife had a big baby girl. Baby Sophia was born on February 1, and already, she takes the funniest pictures. DH and I agree that the parents should submit the photos to some sort of funny baby picture contest. She's full of the silliest expressions.

Soon, it will be our turn. I designed and order up yard signs for DH's business and I just finished my first draft of an article this afternoon, so I guess now I grant myself the freedom to go into labor anytime.

My nurse called this afternoon to report that my labwork from Thursday looks great and that my 24-hour urine collection that DH was kind enough to deliver to the lab this morning was just fine. Yay!

I've printed a hard copy of today's article so that I can pull out my red pen after a day of not looking at it. This is my first article for a new publication - the magazine is very sports oriented - so of course - that means totally foreign territory. I told the publisher that I'd be happy to write features about people, but please don't expect me to go watch a game/meet/match/competition and be able to write anything sensible about it. So, this is a story about how a female track coach got to where she is today. The lady was nice, but she rescheduled about 4-5 times before we finally met on Friday, so I was starting to get a little panicky. Luckily, it all worked out before the baby arrived. Whew!

I hear girls stirring after a nice long (almost 2-hour) nap, so off I go. Happy Monday!

No comments: