Monday, February 18, 2008

Hugs all around to start the big week

I went in for my last NST at the clinic this morning. The two nurses who take turns tending to me while I'm there for this weekly session both gave me hugs and wished me well. No doctors were in the OB clinic this morning, so several of the other nurses I see frequently also stopped in to say good luck, and to say "see ya in 6 weeks for your postpartum checkup."

Holy cow. It's real. The baby is coming this week. I talked with my mom to give her the update on the good NST, and she told me she's coming Wednesday after work if I haven't called her to come sooner. That's only two days away! How very exciting! How can pregnant women be so antsy to get those babies out - it's a scary reality! A really cool one, though.

On another exciting front, my business meeting went very well this morning. One of the guys in this startup firm is someone I pitched years ago when I first moved to town. He and I have both since taken our careers in different directions, and yet, here our paths cross again. I am so very curious to see how it turns out. There are some folks with solid business successes involved and some really tech-saavy guys - with potential for HUGE growth in the next two to three years. It's all still in the planning stages, but something great might come of it. Please keep your fingers crossed.

Their HR gal called back this afternoon to verify my rate range as well as to ask for some professional references. I take that as a good sign. Since in DH and my lives, it typically floods every time it seems to rain, I suspect this will be a big week for growth - both in our family and in my career. We'll have to wait and see how it all goes though, and of course, "I'm not a patient gir-rl."

3 comments:

DandeLion Soup said...

You're on my mind a lot lately, and I'm so excited for you this week. I will be thinking of you often, and I know that you will be surrounded by loving family, but if you need anything, don't hesitate to call. Good luck with your little fella and know that you're in my prayers. What a fantastic time for you all. :)

Katie said...

How, exciting to know he could be just hours away!! Knowing that, I hope you can get some rest!
How fantastic to carry him full term...way to go momma incubator!! I'll be anxiously waiting to hear of his arrival and what you name him.

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

It IS amazing how proud you feel making it "all the way" after having such little preemies the first time. It's hard to imagine that we'll likely take the little guy home from the hospital with us when I'm discharged. That in itself is monumental. I continue to just bide my time - so anxiously!