Sunday, February 03, 2008

Tough Realization This Morning

After church this morning, I was fuming, cleaning up the kitchen counters (again!), this time wiping away shredded nacho cheese - only a half hour after I'd just cleaned them all. I love my DH very very much, but sometimes, his cluttery nature and crumb-filled lifestyle just eat at me. As in: he drives me crazy!

Today I realized that the only way I'm likely to ever live in a crumb-free, everything-in-its-place world again is if I become a widow. I mentioned it to him, and he smiled and told me I'm not as clean as I think. I glared back and reminded him of the condition of my last house each time he visited me while we were dating - before he was living there.

I could vacuum twice a week and it wouldn't even need it. Nothing ever cluttered my counters. And my refrigerator never had dried-on spills, nor did my microwave. I cleaned up after myself if I was messy - as I made the messes. Nothing had a chance to dry on or stain. I was on-the-ball and oh-so-conscientous.

Oh well, I guess it could be worse. It's not like he's a big fat blonde pot-smoking alcoholic TV addict (like someone else I once married). Just a hard-working, kind-hearted, very darling, but sometimes absent-minded pigpen.

On a lighter note, he has been pushing me to work on a list of names with him, and we're actually finding a few in common. Hooray! We have a top 13 list, so once we see our little guy in person and not just via ultrasound, we can see who he looks like. (Not Frank, though.)

No comments: