Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Little Helpers

Not only are the girls helping by taking their sister's diaper to the garbage can in the kitchen, but now they're policing each other, too. When Lilli stands on the rocking chair, Breanna says, "Lala, sit down." When Breanna stands on the couch to turn the light switch for the fan and living room lights on, Lillian says, "Nana, no no."

And my favorite little help has come at laundry time. When I'm at the washer (at least once a day), I hand Lillian each piece of wet clothing and she loads it into the dryer. She's loves it! I've tried it with Breanna a couple times, but she just wants to take the lint trap out and taste any little chunks I've missed. Oh well.

They had a nice weekend, I think. DH and I went to church in shifts today so that I wouldn't go into labor during mass. Wrangling the girls throughout church is by far the most challenging part of every week, and I always need a nap afterwards. They are SO constantly busy when they feel confined. So I went at 10 and DH went at noon. I really enjoyed myself, and had lots of people come ask if the kids were sick at home when I was leaving. Glad to know these folks know who we are, because I didn't know any of their names. Nice people, though.

I can't imagine what the next time we go to mass will be like - three munchkins. Talk about scary!

As you may have guessed, the baby still has not arrived. I've been having some more contractions here and there, mostly between 2 and 5 in the afternoon. And last night, I saw a foot. It was just as cool as you see in some of those pictures. Perfect outline on the upper left side of my belly. And hard and jabbing as can be. This is a strong little fella, and his foot seemed almost as big as Lillian's. Oh boy. I can hardly wait to meet him this week! Of course, I was so shocked to watch and feel it all I didn't think to grab the camera. Do'oh.

I do hope that he comes sometime after tomorrow morning. My last non-stress test is scheduled for 9, and then I have a big meeting for some potentially very big client work at 10:30. I can't believe I'm meeting with a prospective client at this point of my hugeness, but when duty calls... please say a prayer that it pans out. It would alleviate a TON of stress for DH - and maybe me, too.

The fun never stops, or even seems to slow down these days. Have a terrific week, friends!

No comments: