Thursday, February 07, 2008

Good-ish Dr. Report

On the bright side of my checkup today, I'm progressing the way I'm supposed to be. I'm dilated to 1.5 cm and the baby scored beautifully with his non-stress test. Add to that that the baby has grown and I've lost a half pound and this all means we're almost there.

On the cloudy side, my blood pressure was a bit high. Not TOO high, just borderline. So I got sent home with the big orange jug. On Sunday, I need to start a 24-hour urine collection so I can return it to the lab first thing Monday morning.

To add another cloud, I finally heard back about a project that I really wanted to be involved with once the baby is born. It's not going to pan out. The client is looking for more research and statistical analysis skills than industry knowledge and marketing/writing experience. I'm really bummed out - more so than I normally would be when I don't get my way. Maybe it's the hormones. Or maybe I just need a good cry. I haven't had time for one in ages and I'm long overdue. Tonight it's going to be sappy movie night with my feet up so I can get it out of my system. Now, which one to rent...

No comments: