Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Ultimate Toy

I once heard a very rich man refer to his kids as the ultimate toys. Boy, was he right! Parenting is awesome! (Exhausting, but awesome!)

It's so nice to have Breanna at home. She's getting so big and strong and really is just adorable. I often have a hard time setting her down and getting stuff done around here - and some of it just has to be done - like eating and throwing out dirty diapers. Here's a picture of her in the bassinet today, enjoying the beautiful sunshine.
We're getting closer and closer to bringing Lillian home, too. She hit 4 pounds - whoo hoo! She continues to eat really well (even better than Breanna!) and is growing at such a great rate. When Breanna and Lillian were born, there was a discordance of 39%. Now it's in the 20-something percentile. Little Lillian is catching up quickly! We're celebrating the "bigness" of 4 pounds, but in reality, it's still so small! In this picture that my mom took, she's in a preemie diaper. Unreal!

I really do love spending time with these beautiful girls. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I can see changes in them each day. Wow!

My mom left today, and we had a teary goodbye. I really loved having her here, not just as a helper, but as a dear friend. I feel like our bond grew even closer.

This weekend, DW is going to be on the Children's Miracle Network telethon on channel 11. They'll be recording up at the NICU, and he's going to share some of our wonderful experiences with the unit. The nurses encouraged me to go on air, too, but with this Bell's Palsy junk, I'm not ready to go in front of an audience.

It's one thing to hang out with family and friends who know what's happened, but to go on TV, no thanks. It's bad enough getting the stares when I just stop in at the grocery store... On a positive note, I have an appointment with an ENT next week. Hopefully, someone will be able to help speed up this recovery process.

No comments: