Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Home Sweet Home, At Last

Well, we survived our first night with the family all together. Not that we slept much, but we did enjoy rooming in at the hospital. Lillian was up most of the night, hungry, gassy, sassy - a mixture that kept both Dad and Mom awake for the majority of the night. Breanna slept right through everything.

I'm not sure quite what DW and I were expecting to happen when we reintroduced the girls, but I am sure that we expected at least some kind of reaction. Even just a little. But I don't think that Breanna or Lillian noticed that the other was there. When we did put them together, though, they did seem quite content.

Today has gone really well so far. Right before we left the hospital, the girls finally had their photo shoot for the hospital's Bassinet page. Neither was feeling particularly photogenic, so we took what they gave us and that's that. Can't blame the girls after the long night.

As soon as we arrived home, I rushed off to my appointment with the ear/nose/throat doc to chat about my Bell's Palsy. I should have just stayed home and napped. He told me that there's nothing to do but wait for another couple months. If I'm not totally recovered in 60 days, we'll meet again to discuss surgical options, none of which he's sure will help. He basically said that since there's not much known about the condition or its causes or cures, it's just a waiting game for a while. Not what I wanted to hear. I was expecting to have hope for getting my face back to normal before I go back to work. Nothing like starting a new job with a lopsided smile... ugh.

So, no more thinking about the BS with the BP. Back to the girls. It's great to have them home! Here's a picture of them sharing a cuddle in Dad's arms at the hospital last night. Aren't they cute? Breanna is on the left and Lillian's on the right.

No comments: