Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mom's Night Out

Last night, I finally felt like a real person again. The company that I'm going to work for starting the end of July had a get together at a downtown restaurant. They've had some recent successes worth celebrating, so all the employees and their spouses were invited for a dinner on the town. Even though I had nothing to do with the successes, DW and I were invited to join in the party. I was touched to be included already - it really is a nice group.

On top of being appreciative of the invitation, I'm so glad I had a night out to socialize. My darling sister came to the house to watch Breanna and Lillian for the evening, and DW and I had our "date." For a brief while, I forgot about my Bell's Palsy and forgot about feeding schedules and diapers. It was terrific to just get out and visit about regular stuff for a little while. Of course, it was nice to come home and cuddle our girls, too. It's amazing that I already had started to miss them in just a few short hours.

I'm looking at these short outings as breaking in for daycare. What an adventure it's been to find the right provider! I've been calling all over the place, and weeding out a bunch of people just over the phone. Many providers don't have openings for two infants, but of those who do, the pickings are slim. I'm not looking for a daycare mom with a doctorate, but one who can at least speak decently on the phone. I realize that I sound like a total grammar snob, but come on. I wouldn't want my kids to learn to talk so stupidly.

As of right now, there's really only one that I'm considering. The girls and I went to visit her at her home on Tuesday and had a really good vibe. The one we saw today was not good. The provider seemed nice enough on the phone and even is a former nurse. But, oh my! The house reeked of cat urine. Gross!!

Both girls were weighed today and Lillian has gained an ounce a day for the past week. She's now up to 5 lb., 8 oz. Breanna has gained what seems like a ton - she's now 7lb., 7 oz. No wonder it feels like her car seat is getting heavier! They're doing what they're supposed to and I'm so glad.

No comments: