Friday, June 23, 2006

Morning Breath and All

This morning, DW went to visit the daycare lady that I found and liked. As he left her house, he called me to let me know that his aunt and uncle from Wisconsin would be stopping by. I asked if they were coming for dinner or just an evening visit, and he explained that they'd be here in about a half hour. !!!! What?

DW said he's coming straight home. I'd just gotten out of bed after diapering and feeding the girls - with my teeth unbrushed and still in jammies. Half hour!?! Apparently it's a family trait that goes further than just his parents. At that point, Lillian had just had a really gross diaper and actually needed a bath - wipes would not be enough. I can only imagine them coming to see our darlings and leaving while muttering about the stench of those stinky kids.

In a flurry, I tidied up the house, put on a pot of coffee, searched for baked goods I could offer (came up empty handed), dressed myself, tried to soothe a crying Breanna who still needed more burping, let the dogs out, changed more diapers, found clean clothes for the girls, started a bath for them, and threw on some lipstick. The doorbell rang as I was just finishing dressing Breanna. Lillian had just been bathed and placed back in the bassinet.

On came my sleepy hostess face. Once everyone was settled in and babies were being admired, I got a glance at my hair in the mirror. Yikes! What a way to start the day. Even though I hate having pop in company, especially now with the girls, we did have a nice visit. DW made it home in time to help dress the girls and play host to his relatives. Whew! Once company left, he had to head back to work. He gave me a nice, long kiss and said that he loves me more than ever, morning breath and all. Thank goodness he realizes what a pain in the butt he and his entertaining can be for me.

Now both girls are napping and I can finally grab some breakfast (it's 2:00!). Thanks to the great little front pack my mom brought for me, Breanna is hanging out with me while I type. Lillian is still too little, but, she'll be big enough soon. What a wonderful tool for bonding!

Have a wonderful weekend, all, and please feel free to call and visit any time!

No comments: