Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Actual Due Date

Well, yesterday was June 12, the day my daughters were technically due. I stumble as I say their "due date" when I look at their sweet faces that I've fallen so in love with for in these last six weeks. What an absolute honor and thrill to be a mom! I'd love to include photos, but the last few days, I haven't been able to post photos and am waiting for the Blogger Help staff to respond to my request for service. Please be patient with me.

After a wonderfully social weekend, we're settling into another busy week. Yesterday I took Breanna and Lillian on a field trip to my OB clinic. I showed them the place where we had so many visits in the past year - this time they got to experience the place outside of the womb. I was a little apprehensive to take them all by myself. What if I couldn't find a decent parking space? What if my arms aren't strong enough to haul both girls in carseats across a huge parking lot? What if the handicap door thing is up too high for me to use my hip to bump it? What if one starts screaming and sets off her sister? What if a toothless stranger gets to close and tries to touch them? It all went off without a hitch and I realized that my arms are strong, but need to get stronger as the girls continue to grow. Everyone we encountered had teeth and no one had any physical contact with them.

My appointment went well and my blood pressure is in a normal place again - yay! I'm one pound less than my pre-pregnancy weight (woo hoo!). Yet, my body is totally not in the same proportions as before. I received the ok to work out, but I'm supposed to ease into things before hitting my ab wheel. So, I've already started salsaing around the house as a way to start working my midsection, and will try situps as soon as I post this entry this afternoon. We'll see how it goes...

Today DW took both girls with him for the first time on his own. Lillian had her 1-week post-NICU checkup. I later asked if DW was a little aprehensive, but he said it was no big deal. Hmpf. Anyway, the appointment went well. Lillian weighed in at 5 lbs., 10 oz.! The nurse noticed a smell and then changed her very messy diaper. Lillian was reweighed and is actually 5 lbs., 1.5 oz. I got a chuckle out of that. Everything looks good according to the doc, so she'll go back in a week for one more checkup and then we'll know we're on the up and up.

While DW and the girls were at the doctor, I was in seeing my eye doctor. He gave me some different drops to try for my eye that's dried out from Bell's Palsy. He also said that I have some muscle damage to that eye, but that once the BP goes away, so should the muscle damage. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I ordered up some clip-on shades so I can be outside more comfortably (that eye doesn't squint, either, dang it). I never thought I'd be "one of those people" who wears clip-ons, but I guess maybe I'm supposed to be humbled some more here. Can you ever be too humbled? I'm starting to wonder.

No comments: