Monday, May 29, 2006

Run, Run, Run!

Boy, it's even getting tough finding a moment to write a few notes in my blog, and that's something I really enjoy. I guess it figures, though, considering that I often find myself not having enough time to eat a meal. Thank goodness trail mix doesn't melt in the car - it's truly kept me going more than once this week.

Both girls are doing fabulously well! Breanna has adjusted nicely to life at home, and is so very good! She wakes me at night when she's hungry by smacking her lips and making little grunting noises. No screaming - yay! Good thing I'm such a light sleeper - or maybe her little noises would eventually turn to hollering. She seems to be getting bigger - and cuter than ever.

She had a big day on Saturday. We broke the germ restriction rule and took her to Mass in the evening and wouldn't you know, the Bishop was there performing services. When I went up for communion, I had Breanna in my arms, and she received a special blessing from the Bishop. How exciting! We knew we'd have to sheild her from any grabby grandmas, but thankfully, no one came close except for when we walked up in the communion line. It felt great to be there - it seems like forever since we've been able to go to church.

We gave her her first "real" bath in the tub the other night, and while she freaked out a little the first time her feet touched the water, she quickly settled right down and seemed to enjoy herself after that. And then she smelled sooooo good! Here's a photo of our clean girl.

Lillian is getting bigger and bigger, and it's wonderful to see her grow. She's been eating more and more each day and putting on the weight. By the time I go in to see her tomorrow, she should be in the big girl crib for the first time. Keep your fingers crossed that she maintains her temperature out in the real world. We might even get her home by the end of the week. Imagine that!

Please keep both girls in your prayers and we'll continue to pray for our family and friends. Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look forward to seeing them again soon! Sure have missed you this last week, I hope that you're able to get enough rest and relaxation time during this busy time..gotta take care of yourself, too! See you soon! All my love, Lissy