Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Blur

Where has the month gone? I looked at the calendar in the NICU this morning and nearly fell over. Our lives have changed so significantly so quickly!

This week in particular, life is getting really crazy. DW and I are going to room in here at the hospital tonight so we can try out a night with Breanna in a private room. It will kind of be like having her at home, but with the security of having a full nursing staff available in case we need something or have questions.

Tomorrow morning, Breanna will be discharged. Wahoo! And then, let the chaos begin. I'll still need to come up to nurse Lillian three times a day, but won't be able to bring Breanna back into the NICU. So, thankfully, my sister and my mom will help me out with scheduling. My sister will be here on Thursday to come up to the hospital with us. I'll be able to nurse Breanna in a private room, then leave her with my sister in the waiting room while I go in to nurse Lillian. Then on Friday, I'll have my mom here. DW will be able to handle an evening feeding and weekends, and then next week my mom will be here.

Breanna weighed in at 5 lbs., 1.5 oz. last night and is really doing great!

Lillian is doing terrific, too, and will probably be able to come home in 10-15 days, depending on how chubby we can get her. She's at 3 lbs., 6 oz. now, and it's amazing to see the difference as she is gaining.

In the midst of all this, I've been trying to get outside to enjoy a little of this fresh air, but alas, the only air I've been getting has been on my trips to and from the hospital with the windows down. Oh well, summer will soon be here and both babies will be home and the blur will be a totally different kind of chaos. I can hardly wait!