Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Has Spring Finally Sprung?

It's another beautiful spring day - the rain has finally stopped - and the birds are chirping like crazy outside. I figured I'd better take a quick moment to write before my day gets going into its usual chaotic form.

I'll be heading up to the hospital to nurse at 11:30 and then the cycle begins. I really enjoy spending the time with my girls, bonding, warming, getting to know them. I just wish the hospital was a little closer. I feel like I'm either up there or in the car going back and forth.

Everyone is still doing well. Breanna is going to try out a big-girl crib again today and we'll see how she does with maintaining her body temp. We're crossing our fingers. That will be a significant step to getting her home. Lillian is eating more and more and is bound to start keeping some of that weight on soon. I'm tuckered out just a little, but doing really well. And DW, well, he's silly as ever. We had a very fun visit to the NICU last night. As my figure is quickly coming back, he's like a schoolboy with a new crush. And it feels great to be looking like a girl again, and getting the attention of being a girl.

We're heading to DW's hometown tonight for an open house for his dad, who's retiring after 30 years of teaching. I look forward to getting out for a little socialization. As much as I truly enjoy the company of the NICU nurses, I do miss being around real people outside of the hospital setting. Unfortunately, since my schedule is so broken up for feedings, I can't really schedule more than an hour here or there. Oh well, someday...

Here's a cute picture of my mom holding Lillian, all wrapped in the quilt Mom made for her. It's from this weekend. Kind of puts Lill's teeniness into perspective, doesn't it?

No comments: