Friday, May 26, 2006

Growing Girls

Well, like I said before, let the blur begin. Life with Breanna at home is terrific! She's just beautiful and so very good. Maddy and Tootsie just love her and their tails haven't stopped wagging. They get right up close and smell her and enjoy her little noises and movements. And when we move her, the dogs don't let her out of sight. Maddy seems very protective of Breanna already.

Our first night was kind of hectic - we had lots of adjustments to make. But last night went really well. And I don't feel too tired, so that's a bonus.

Lillian is continuing to do very well. She continues to gain weight at a steady rate - she's now a whopping 3 lbs., 8 oz.! Soon she'll try out a big-girl crib and see how she does with maintaining her temperature. The only thing holding her back from coming home is some weight, so that's great!

It's hard to come and go so much - and make sure everything is taken care of on the Breanna side of my life before I head to the NICU. In a way, I'm very glad that Lillian is still in the hospital, being monitored while she's still so little. On the other hand, though, I feel sorry for her being all by herself. Of course, the doctors and nurses are WONDERFUL - very loving and caring, as well as smart and experienced. But still, not having her sister right next door - I just have to wonder if she can feel that absence.

I'm looking forward to the weekend ahead. I have a feeling we'll have some visitors up to the hospital and to our house, and that will be fun.

Have a terrific Memorial Day weekend, friends, and remember to find a little time to honor the lives of loved ones who've passed away.

No comments: