Friday, May 12, 2006

Happy Girls

It's hard to believe our girls are already more than a week old! What a blur!

We're all still doing great. Poor Dad has a bit of a cold, though, so he didn't get to go see Breanna and Lillian last night.

Lillian is now nursing twice a day, and Breanna should be ready to start nursing soon. Both girls have been showing their sweet demeanors already - they smile and laugh A LOT. They both especially respond to their silly dad, which doesn't surprise me one bit. All kids seem to connect with him and smile a lot.

I finally held Breanna yesterday for the first time, and boy, that was awesome! She feels SO heavy compared to Lillian.

There was quite a baby boom yesterday, so Lillian's quarters were moved over so she's right next to her sis now. Before, there was an empty space in between. When we close the curtains to nurse, it feels like we're in a luxury suite. Well, a little bit, anyway.

When I was talking with one of the nurses yesterday, she mentioned that she had a long weekend off and wouldn't be back until next Wednesday. Then she said the big news - she figured that she'd be back just in time to help pack up our girls and send them home. Already!?! Wow- how wonderful! That Lillian needs to bulk up, though. She still hasn't hit 3 pounds and there's no way I'm taking her home when she's this small.

My mom is coming to visit today - is probably within a few miles of our house right now. We're planning to visit the girls, of course, but then also work on preparing their bedroom. We'll go paint shopping and maybe fabric shopping for curtains. I already have some ideas for some basic decorating, but I'll be anxious to see what DW's cribs will look like to see how that will influence the room. We're planning to work with the colors in the quilts my mom made - bright pastels. I think we'll stripe the bottom half of the room with yellow and green and then toss some lavender polka dots on the top half. That way, it will be easy to adjust a bit when it's time to sell the house. I anticipate that we'll be feeling mighty cramped mighty soon.

Poor DW's weekend plans for fishing in Central MN were squashed just this morning, so I wonder how he'll adjust his plans. Maybe he'll work on cribs, or maybe he'll just catch up on sleep. Either way, I feel bad for him, but at the same time, I'm glad I won't have to be lonesome for him.

Well, happy weekend wishes, friends! Be sure to thank your mother for giving you life.

No comments: