Monday, May 15, 2006

Loving Motherhood

After a long weekend of social visits and baby room prep mixed in with many, many trips to see the babies, I'm a little glad we've hit Monday. And what a wonderful Monday it is!

I realize I haven't posted in a while, so here's the quick update on the babies before we go any further. Both girls are doing great still! Lillian is nursing three times a day and is gaining weight nicely. She weighed in at 3 lb. 1 oz. today. Here's a recent picture.

Breanna is nursing twice/three times a day and is maintaining her weight. She tried out the big-girl cribs yesterday for a few hours, just to test to see how she does at maintaining her body temp. She got a little cool, so back into the isolette she went. The nurses will test her out again tomorrow. Her picture is below. I'm not sure if you can see it, but they're starting to look more and more alike each day.

I have a feeling that the nurse who said the girls would probably go home this week was most likely a little aggressive in her positive outlook. While Breanna will probably come home first, and maybe this week, Lillian still has a lot more weight to gain. So, we'll just wait and see.

My first Mother's Day was amazing. It started at 2 am when I woke up and found a photo Mother's Day card in the kitchen from my girls. (I suspect their Daddy had something to do with that.) I spent many hours with the girls and my DW and a few hours with my mom before she went home, too. DW's folks stopped by in the evening on their way home from Lake of the Woods, and wouldn't you know, they had some fresh walleye to share. We had a fabulous dinner and then a trip to the NICU to wind down the night. Wonderful all the way around. The wonderful emotions that come with motherhood are so tough to describe - the gist is that I love being a mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are the most beautiful thing ever! I think they look more and more like you Bec every time I see them! Beanna's cute little smile and Lillian's beautiful, bright eyes make my world a happier place every time I see them! You have some very precious daughters! I am so excited that I am their auntie! Love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.