Sunday, April 30, 2006

Lovey Dovey Saturday

Where do I even begin? This Saturday was terrific!

My DW left at noon to drive to Minneapolis for a benefit for our 4-year-old nephew, Connor. He has leukemia and his local church was hosting a spaghetti feed, silent auction, and raffle. Of course, I couldn't be on the road atthis point, but my DW and two of his auties made a roadtrip to show some support. I hear the results of the benefit were terrific. Yay!

My mom took me out to my favorite local Italian restaurant for a Saturday lunch and I was able to talk her into a Bloody Mary. (I have to live vicariously through someone else once in a while.)After a wonderful meal, Mom took me to my baby shower, hosted by my sweet little sis and our dear friend, KariAnn. Everything there was absolutely wonderful and I came away feeling oh-so-loved! The decorations and the refreshments were fabulous and the turnout was great! I rarely noticed that half of my face wasn't working and for the first time in more than a week, I didn't feel self conscious about the strangeness of my face.

Our friends were so, so generous with gifts. These babies haven't even arrived yet and already they are spoiled! I'm getting more and more excited to meet them!

After the beautiful afternoon, my mom dropped me off at home with strict orders for a long nap. It was easy to follow her instructions and I fell asleep almost immediately. She then met up with my dad, sister, and brother-in-law and went out for a walleye dinner. After dining, she came back to keep me company some more - how nice! We sorted through all of the cloth baby items we have so far and put together our first load of laundry. Mom then washed and dried and let me help fold all of those adorable little goodies. It was such a rewarding experience to share!

DW arrived soon after Mom went back to my sister's house, so after a quick little visit, off to bed we went. I've missed seeing him lately and hope for more time together before these little ones arrive.

On the health end, I'm feeling ok. I think I'm getting a tiny little bit of muscle control back on my right side of my lips - I don't seem to be spilling as much when I sip water. I still look like something's definititely amiss, but at least it feels like there just might be a little bit of progress. My head still hurts and I only have one day of meds left, so I hope that everything will sort itself out. I go in for another BPP to check on the babies on Monday, and , of course, am looking forward to that.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend, all!

No comments: