Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tired with twins

What a week! I'm officially 32 weeks pregnant with twins and have had a wonderful pregnancy so far. No strange side effects, no icky stories so far. Though I'm not "due" until June 12, my doctor still says we're delivering by Memorial Day. The countdown is on and all is still great!

But I am getting tired. The more I continue to go go go, the sleepier I get. Yesterday afternoon, I even took a 1/2-hour nap. I'd asked my Darling Wacko (DW, aka darling husband) to wake me in 15 minutes and he thought I was insane. Thirty minutes later he came to check on me and was surprised to see that I'd just woken up, slightly more refreshed, and of course, hungry. Apparently, his idea of a nap is at least a couple hours.

Our twins are growing along nicely, and that means they're not just getting bigger, but also stronger. The way my stomach morphs when they really stretch is more bizarre than any movie graphics I've seen. Absolutely amazing - and amusing!

That all said, I've hit that key time of day. Time to head home for a nice little nap before starting on my article that's due tomorrow.

No comments: