Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Still no names

Last night, I met with two dear friends for a visit over knitting at a local knitting cafe. What a great reminder of how much I treasure having positive, strong women in my life! We chatted about work and families, a little about faith and attitudes, and of course, home-related projects. With each of us, the ideas for improving our homes seem to be endless. We decided that next week, we'll meet at the house of one of these ladies. Then, we'll not only be able to visit in comfort, but we'll also get to see her new living room. Should be good!

When I returned to my house, my DW (hubby - aka Darling Wacko) greeted me warmly. He said that as my pregnancy progresses, he thinks I should take it much easier - and that includes less time out knitting with the girls. Of course, he was kidding about the stress of knitting, but it was a sweet way to let me know that he'd missed me. We visited a bit about our day, talked about work, and mapped out game plans for the rest of the week. It seems like there's so much to do, and I just know that once these babies arrive, everything will change and it may be quite a while (if ever!) before we get back on track with some of our plans.

DW and I still haven't come up with a good solution for baby names. Our tastes are just so different. I've made a little list of my top 10 boys and top 10 girls names. DW told me that he was talking with a client yesterday and had told them some of the names I'd picked and that the client didn't like them either. I was so mad at him! I asked if he'd even come up with a list yet, and he just smiled and said, "Not really." I asked, "Yes or no?" He just smiled. Lucky for him, I was sitting down. He knew it would have taken me a couple minutes just to get up and smack him. So, we're still not any closer to figuring out what to call these little people. I just hope we can agree on something before they're incubating in the hospital so they don't stay Baby A and Baby B forever.

No comments: