Saturday, April 29, 2006

Finally Friday!

What a wonderful wrap-up it's been after a long week. My brother-in-law's girlfriend stopped in for a couple hours this afternoon to bring my doggies home for a little visit. I hadn't realized how much I missed Maddy and Tootsie until they were here, tails wagging away. Besides the pooches, Mandy also brought some homemade pasta salad and potato salad from my mother-in-law - two of my favorite summer dishes. Boy did those hit the spot! We had a lovely visit!

After she left, I took a snooze before my DW showed up from work. He quickly scooted off to help some friends move into their new home, so when my parents arrived, I was ready for some company. We relaxed and had a nice chat about all the exciting things happening. I think it did my mom a world of good to see that I'm not dying nor severely malfunctioning. She needed the visit more than anyone.

Once DW arrived from moving, my folks went to my sister and brother-in-law's house and we toddled off to bed. Terrific timing!

No comments: