Saturday, March 01, 2008

My Heart Throbs

Two nights in a row, Grant has waken me up from dreams with Johnny Depp. The first took place in a nonexistent Greek restaurant in St. Cloud, MN, right next to the burrito joint near the mall. Johnny wasn't Johnny, but rather one of the sons of the restaurant owner. Mostly, I remember visiting with him in a booth next to a fountain.

This morning, the dream was Johnny as himself. He was in Fargo filming some artsy film and I came across him walking down the street. We stood and visited for a while, then I reminded him that I met him in Hollywood when I was teenager, and though I didn't expect him to remember me, I remembered him. He was my first true love. We laughed, walked down the street to the coffee hut, then sat on the curb and talked some more about love. He gushed about the woman he lives with. I gushed about my wonderful husband. It was all very cool.

Very cool, but very strange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ew - Johhny Depp??

The only guy I know to whom the word "skank" applies. Well, OK, him and Tom Greene.

Congrats on the good dreams, I wish I remembered any of mine.

And super congrats on Grant. What a blessing!