Thursday, August 31, 2006

Life's getting easier

We've hit a milestone with our babies! Two nights ago, Lillian slept all through the night. Last night, she slept from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. This gives me hope, knowing now that both girls are capable of sleeping through. It can't be too far into the future that we'll all sleep all night long!

Our new daycare situation is wonderful! Grandma Becky cuddles and rocks our girls pretty much all day long. She loves having them and it shows with how calm the babies are. Not only does GB cuddle them up, she bathes them every afternoon and then washes all their clothes for the week to return to me on Friday. Each Monday I simply bring 10 fresh outfits for the girls to change into after their baths. When I arrive to pick them up each afternoon, they're freshly bathed and fed and happy as can be.

Since starting with GB, the girls have been much more relaxed in the evenings, too. Yay! Although it takes me 45 minutes to drive to GB's and then to work in the morning, it's worth every second of drive time to know how good things are for Breanna and Lillian.

Another thing that's getting easier is my Bell's Palsy. My mouth is almost back to normal - when I smile, you can hardly tell. Mind you, I still can't get a good suction on a straw and can't purse up for a kiss quite right, at least my smile is on its way. My eye still hasn't changed, and I'm still in glasses (darn!), but my face is really sore right now, which has typically happened right before another big burst of nerve regeneration. Bring on the pain! Do I sound like a sicko or what?

DW is still out of town, and I am really lonesome for him. The friends he's staying with have two adorable little girls, and I know it makes him really lonesome for his family, too. Good. Maybe then he'll hurry up and get his tail back to town.

When my sister was over at my house last night, she made a comment that I've thought to myself many times but never said outloud. She said that DW must be the messy one, because the house is still in really good shape after several days without him home. Good point. Now let's see if it's a good enough point to keep it clean once he returns on Friday.

Several friends came over to visit and meet Breanna and Lillian last night, and they all brought adorable little outfits. It's so fun to get baby clothes! My sister-in-law-in-law (my sister's husband's sister) brought her new little girl, who's just a bit older than mine. Boy is she cute - it was fun to see what's to come with our girls. It was nice to compare notes, too. A while later, a long-time friend of mine from back in the high school days arrived with his family. They have two tow-headed boys and a month-old little girl. It was so nice to visit with them all, and fun to see Lillian be bigger than someone for a change. My sister's mother-in-law and father-in-law also stopped in, so we had a full house for a little while, and it really was nice. Although I just realized right now that I was a horrible host and didn't even offer anyone anything to eat or drink. Oops. I'm sure they've forgiven me.

I'm going to sign off now, and enjoy feeling more rested than I have in a long, long time.

No comments: