Thursday, September 07, 2006

A third of a year old already


My, has time flown. My babies are four months old already and are getting easier and easier. Not easy, but easier.

Life has been really busy, and I haven't even had time to write, and that makes me a little sad. That said, life has also been kind of fun. I've been bonding with my little family of four and really enjoying all the sweet noises coming from Breanna and Lillian. I've also loved hearing DW singing to the girls and playing, and especially, getting them to laugh.

Now that DW has returned from his long week away from home, we've sure enjoyed being together. The old saying "Absence makes the heart grow stronger" (or is it fonder?) keeps coming to mind. DW's been quite helpful with the babies (as he usually is), but he's also been a bit more conscientious about the house. He has emptied the dishwasher, washed some bottles, even helped fold laundry. Maybe he's just kissing up after raining on my weekend plans, but maybe not. He might actually get it.

I picked up a nasty cold over the weekend - first cold in ages - and it has just added to my exhaustion. I think that months of being run down has finally taken its toll. Thankfully, DW is babying me a bit. Even in the middle of the night - though I do have to shove him pretty hard to wake him up because he has a knack for tuning out babies while he sleeps. The cold is going away and so far, the babies haven't picked it up from me. We're all keeping our fingers crossed.

We've taken the girls out together a few times recently. Those front packs are great for quick trips to Target or for a walk around the neighborhood. DW even helped me find some new khaki pants and it was kind of fun. I don't always appreciate his bluntness, but in the case of pants, honesty is good. At least he's learned that phrasing is key - "Your butt looked much smaller in the last pair." or "Those don't look as comfortable." or "These ones are sexy - get these and don't even consider saying no." Much better than "Those ones make you look fat."

While we were shopping on Monday, one lady walked by and said, "Wow, you have your hands full." I smiled sweetly and replied, "Yes, but better full than empty." DW gave me a low five behind the pants rack and whispered, "Nice comeback." Apparently he's also getting sick of strangers feeling the need to tell us over and over and over again that we must have our hands full.

DW is heading back up north for another building project (!) tomorrow, so I'm going to drive to my folks' house for the weekend. I hope for a chance to take a nap while I'm there. How pathetic is that - that's my main goal for the weekend. To get a nap. Well, that, and visit with some friends and family who haven't met our girls yet.

Anyway, I am ready for the weekend. Don't get me wrong - I really like my new job and going to work each day. The only downfall I've found, though, is that I have to get up so darned early to make it there on time. Oh well, I really need to zip it. Life is wonderful and am so very thankful for all the blessings around me.

No comments: