Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bumbo-licious

I've found the most wonderful inventions for parents. Things that have made my life so much easier include Dr. Brown's bottles, Tiny Love mobiles, a wipe warmer, a bottle warmer, and my favorite - Bumbos.

In case you haven't heard of the latter, Bumbo seats are great little chairs for babies. They're made of a dense foam and are formed so that baby is supported - without having to have mastered sitting yet. The support is in all the right places.

Lillian loves sitting in her special little chair. In the mornings when I get ready for work, I bring the chair into the bathroom and set it on the counter in front of the mirror. Lillian babbles and coos at her cute little friend in the mirror. Breanna usually stays in bed, so it's pretty fun to have that morning time with Lil.

I'd heard a lot about Bumbos from other moms of multiples. I'm on the bandwagon now, too. It's a great way to keep baby occupied without having her on her back (and worrying about getting a flat head). At 40 bucks a pop, I thought these other moms were nuts. But now I want to go out and get a second one. We'll see. Breanna likes sitting in it, too.

The other thing that has really made my life easier since the babies arrrived is my family. With DW working so much, I seriously don't think I would've survived. My darling sis picked up the girls from daycare today and watched them for a couple of hours so I could do a work thing. Because of single parenting, I've had to miss out on a lot of work social things - volleyball games, bonfire parties, etc. But tonight, I got to indulge and bond a little bit with my new colleagues, thanks to my sis. I sincerely hope for an opportunity to repay her someday.

No comments: