Monday, September 25, 2006

Holy Roller

We had an exciting development in the kitchen this morning. Lillian rolled over during diaper duty - twice. I guess this means we've exited the stage of placing the babies on a quilt on the countertop for this job. Look out, knees, here comes the floor.

After a nice weekend, I'm excited go back to work. That's a good sign about my job, I guess.

We took the girls up to the NICU, where they’d spent their first month of life. Finally, we delivered the giant basket of candy and "thank you" note. The nurses who were there were pretty excited to see how big the girls had become. Breanna was sleeping when we arrived, and was still covered up. We took Lillian out and everyone thought she was Breanna. Then when we unveiled Breanna, the nurses were all shocked to see how much both girls have grown. Yay!

DW and I worked through house plans last night, and I admit, it's getting kind of fun. The house is turning out to be bigger and bigger each week. I told him that we'd better just start building it before we find more ways to expand. Considering how much the price of materials has recently dipped, we're probably going to start building this fall still instead of waiting ‘til spring. Yuck for weather, but yay for more space!

It will be nice to be able to move in this spring. Our plan is to enter (and win) the Parade of Homes in May. And then move in the next week. It's starting to get more exciting now that we're actually crunching numbers and such.

I hear babies stirring, so I'd better finish up, warm up milk, and get the house up and out the door for the day. Happy Monday!

No comments: