Thursday, September 21, 2006

Double Digits

It's official - Lillian has finally surpassed 10 pounds! We went to the doctor for a checkup and the second set of immunizations yesterday. Lillian weighed 10 pounds, 10 oz. and Breanna was 13 pounds, 8 oz. Wow! No wonder my back gets tired when I hold them both sometimes.

Both girls had good reports from the doctor - he said we shouldn't change anything because they're doing great. That's what I like to hear!

The poor girls had a tough day after receiving their shots, though. They had a tough evening and night, too. Which means we all slept about 2-3 hours at most. Needless to say, DW and I are both exhausted today. We kind of took shifts with the girls, and he mostly had Breanna and I had Lillian. One of the rare times when Lillian was asleep, I heard Breanna making all kinds of "buh buh buh" sounds. I looked up and realized that DW had her sitting up on his lap next to me in bed. He said that as soon as he set her down she'd cry. She just wanted to sit, look at him, and talk. And sweet daddy that he is, he just let her talk away.

Tomorrow I am heading down to Mankato for a client event, which means 10 hours in the car or so. I'm hoping my colleague who's driving doesn't mind me taking a great big long nap. Somehow, I kept being drawn back to Mankato for work - not sure what the connection is there yet, but I sure am familiar with the different routes there.

This weekend, DW and I are going to spend some time together for a change. We've missed just being together as a family as our schedules have been colliding like crazy. We'll hopefully just hang out in pajamas and maybe even cook something if the girls give us a break. Gosh, do I ever miss cooking.

Well, off I go. My hair is nearly dry, the babies are waking up, and it's almost time to head in to the office. Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments: