Sunday, August 27, 2006

Beautiful Baptism

I'll have to work backwards on this entry and see how it goes. First, we started with our new daycare today and I hope all's going well. It was a little hectic getting out of the house this morning, because for one thing, Breanna slept all night long. Yippee! But that means she's REALLY hungry as soon as she does wake up (when it's time to go in the carseat). DW left town last night - he's working in Central MN all week, so I'm flying solo.

I took Lillian with me to the grocery store for a really quick trip last night. Breanna stayed home with Daddy. I was absolutely shocked at how much easier it is to just take one child out. I still am shocked today.

We had a lovely baptism for Breanna and Lillian Sunday morning. Our priest was so kind as to perform a private service for us so we don't have to wait until much later when the girls' immune systems are sure to be strong. While they are both healthy and thriving, after their rocky entrance into the world, this first year of life is going to be a bit more touchy than regular babies. In the photo are DW's brother and his girlfriend, who are Breanna's godparents, as well as my dear sister and brother-in-law, who are Lillian's godparents.

My folks stayed home with the girls yesterday morning so that DW and I could go to mass together. We both really enjoyed that luxury. After the baptism, our immediate family and our priest joined us for a picnic at our house. Dan's family brought a ton of great sweets and we fired up the grill for our barbecue. We had a lovely afternoon.

On Thursday night, my Dad and Mom came up to my house for the weekend. They took care of the girls on Friday since we didn't have daycare yet. They also took the girls in to the clinic so Breanna could get a platelet check (they've still been kind of high) and so that both girls could be weighed and measured. Guess how big these good little eaters are? Breanna weighs 12#, 2.8 oz. and is 23 inches long. Lillian weighs 9#,8 oz. and is 21". Both are growing right along! In the midst of them playing Grandma and Grandpa, they helped me at the house with stuff all weekend. My dad has become the pro bottle washer. And my mom is little miss laundry. I think they both really enjoyed being able to help - and to help with baby stuff - not mowing the lawn or junk like that. Mind you, they also did a lot of housework with me to prepare for the baptism picnic, but I think the baby stuff is what was most fun for them. The babies sure seemed to enjoy all the attention and cuddling. And I really enjoyed the help and the company. Thank goodness for family!

No comments: