Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sleep is for Sissies

Actually, I really shouldn't complain. Right before laying Lillian down to sleep last night, DW had a chat with her to explain that she needs to sleep until 5:30 a.m. And wouldn't you know it, she slept all the way until 6:30! I nearly fell out of bed when I realized how long she'd slept for. Now if only we could coordinate the nights when Lillian and Breanna both sleep, heck, I'd get rested every once in a while. This photo is from early Saturday morning. The bigger they get, the smilier they are. What honeys!

My wonderful parents came to our house on Sunday to give me some reprieve. I'd originally planned to drive out to the lake for the day, but man, it seems like my house goes further into the gutter each new day. If DW didn't work so much, I'd be able to have him tend to the girls so I could try to keep our house in order.

So, I recruited my folks to cuddle babies and take care of feeding/burping them so that I could get out to the grocery store and get some other housework done. DW decided to stick around and visit, too, instead of rushing off to work. He even vacuumed while I shopped. What a treat! My house finally feels livable again. We've all agreed that my parents will come for one weekend each month until Christmastime, just so I can have time to do my housework. Yay!

I think we should hurry and invite over all of those local friends who have been wanting to see the girls while the house is still in decent shape.

The only downfall of not going to the lake this past weekend is that the girls didn't get to spend time with their Great Auntie Jeanne. I know she was really looking forward to seeing them and they would have loved the cuddle time with her. Hopefully we can get together soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, new mommy. Sleep will come to those who wait. :)