Sunday, October 21, 2007

Exhausting Relaxation

What a trip! The girls and I thoroughly enjoyed our road trip to see our girlfriends. While we relaxed at the pool and mostly just hung out, I'm beat. And so are the girls. We moms determined that it's been about 5 years since we last visited in person - what a shame! It felt like just a couple of weeks.

I love non-glamorous experiences like this. Talk about rewarding. We had jammies on before 10 last night - two beautiful pregnant bellies, feet up, cozy as can be. My dear friend brought along her wonderful 6 1/2 year old daughter, who was so well behaved she actually gave me hope. It's nice to see there are still some good parents out there. I often forget that when I'm out and about - the terror kids (and parents) somehow are more memorable. But oh what a great helper we had - she's going to be a great big sister in just a few short months. If I could only borrow her once our new little one arrives...

From the girls' perspective, there were a few highlights. The cabinet in the entertainment center under the TV was a huge it. In. Out. In. Out. Repeat a thousand times.

They also loved the inflatable cars we borrowed for the pool. They had such a great time climbing in and out of them in the hotel room. At the pool itself, commotion surrounded us, so I don't think our little ones relaxed. Kids everywhere - pirate ship - water spraying and splashing - and brisk water temperature. They were troopers though. As you can see by the end shots, B & L were exhausted after all the fun. And now it's my turn to zonk out. Good night and have a great week!

Gaah! Blogger pictures can't upload right now. Sorry to tease you, mom. I'll try to get the pictures up tomorrow.

No comments: