Monday, October 08, 2007

All Things Jiggly (Well, some things, anyway)

After last weekend's reminiscing with Joe Cool's parents about his first reaction to Jell-o, I decided to try it on our girls. Sure enough, Lillian was pretty darned apprehensive for about 3 minutes. She poked, wiggled, curled her lip, the works. Breanna grabbed her pieces and gobbled them like they were green beans. Lillian soon followed suit and we deemed Jell-o to be a new household favorite.

We also tried out the snack-sized banana pudding my mom sent home with us last weekend. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more - the girls or me. But guess what? Our local grocers don't carry the Snack Packs in banana. Of course, I didn't think to buy a box and make my own until hours after we returned from the store. Go figure. I still can't believe that my folks, living in small town USA, still have a better grocery selection than all of our chains put together.

And then we had to end the weekend with another turd in the tub. I'm not sure why this is the new trend, but if anyone has any advice on how to stop it immediately, I welcome all suggestions. Once again, the culprit is unknown because of the bubble bath. Thankfully, Dad was home, so (with his shorts on) he took each girl into the shower to re-soap. Neither girl liked the shower at first, until Dad showed them how much fun it is to collect the water in your mouth, then spit it out like a fountain. Great. I expect the next thing will be playing fountain with milk or juice. Oh well. As long as the pooping in the tub stops, I'll take the fountain messes to come.

No comments: