Monday, October 29, 2007

Dotting Eyes

We've been dotting eyes with anbesol - eye teeth, that is. Poor Breanna and Lillian are both struggling to cut these teeth, which means whining, crankies, chewing, sore bottoms, poor sleep, and just plain no fun. After a tough weekend, the girls finally had a good evening tonight.

Breanna sang the whole tune of the ABC's tonight - no letters of course - but the tune was solid. DH and I looked at each other across the dining room table, and were stunned to hear her start over again and get it right on. I hope we have another musician in the family. I'd love to teach piano lessons down the road, once we're settled into the new house. Whenever that actually is...

In the background, I've been working on a small magazine article for a regional pub. And my main interviewee has had to postpone our interview twice now. The article was due today, but we had to reschedule again! for Wednesday at 2:00. I've written the rest of the piece, and just have a 300-word hole to fill with some quotes from this gal. I know it would be easiest to just find someone else, but she really seems like the perfect subject, so I'm going to hold out. But after she postponed again tonight, I did let her know that after Wednesday, I'd just have to submit the article with or without her due to deadlines. I still need to send a note to the editor, begging forgiveness and a two-day extension. What do you do?

Anyway, after being home with crabby kids and a high-strung hubby and trying to tie down a flighty B&B owner, I'm glad I'm pregnant or I might be tempted to really tie one on. Well, that or play hooky for an afternoon at the spa. Even with the glitches, I'm still feeling very blessed these days. The baby had the hiccups again today, which was fun to experience. And I had a nice lunch with a group of writers at a new restaurant today, which I enjoyed thoroughly. Life is still pretty darned good, if I may say so myself.

No comments: