Friday, March 02, 2007

Mood - What an odd word if you repeat it often enough

As all the locals (and even my out-of-state clients) are talking about the weather, I am going to rebel. No snow talk here. Except to say that I love it. That's it. Done.

Now on to a much more important topic - how to spend my $25 iTunes gift card. Dan won it in a Christmas gift exchange, and kindly passed it along to me. The big question is what to download - Madeleine Peyroux or Norah Jones or Ella Fitzgerald or Hank Williams Sr. or... OutKast? My taste in music varies by mood, as does my taste in reading materials, food, aromas, and textures.

Today is a cotton-wearing, nutmeg-smelling, pasta-eating, Patricia-Cornwell-novel reading day - with Madeleine Peyroux in the background. Unfortunately, since I'll be in the office all day, I won't be indulging in most of these mood-makers until we hunker in tonight. I do have a cotton turtleneck and jeans picked out, though, so that's a start.

How about you? What's your mood today? And if it's a snow day, how are you spending it?

No comments: