Thursday, March 22, 2007

Little Sickies

It's official - spring has sprung, and so have ear infections. Our poor little darlings are sick - down and dirty sick. Breanna has a double ear infection and Lillian has a single one. And both have terrible deep coughs. And I feel awful for them!

When they started with a little cough, I blamed myself. You see, the girls attended their first parade on Saturday - the downtown St. Patrick's Day parade. The sun was shining, the babies were in snowsuits, and DH and I each snuck a green beer into our coffee mugs to make the outing an official Irish event. (About the only Irish in either of us was the Irish Cream we sipped in a coffee last month.) Anyway, we all enjoyed ourselves.

Since this was the first time we've really had the babies outside for more than a quick run from a vehicle into a building(first time in snowsuits anyway), I figured the winter air must be what brought on the coughs.

The doctor we saw today reassured me that the parade was not the culprit. In fact, when she was going through our records and talking about prescriptions and whatnot, she congratulated us on getting them this far without ear infections until now.

I had no idea it's practically mandatory for infants to get ear infections. I certainly don't remember having any of my own, or even hearing stories about them. But what do I know?

Anyway, my dear sister met me at the clinic because DH is out of town. Thank goodness. The babies kept us both busy, and since our regular physician wasn't in, the one we saw was pretty slow and had lots of questions. The girls are now on antibiotics and will hopefully kick this all really quickly. Keep them in your prayers. And if you're reading this before bed Thursday night, please say a quick prayer for me to get at least a little sleep since I'm single-parenting tonight.

I'm signing out with a yawn. G'night, all.

2 comments:

suziq32 said...

Oh...I hope they get better soon! Lots of hugs!

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Thanks, Suzi. Both slept from midnight on (yay!!!) and Breanna woke up full of smiles. We'll make it...