Saturday, March 31, 2007

Baby Fever

Pregnant women are all around me and I just can't help but feel... really happy for them. (Bet you thought I was going to say jealous. Nope. Not yet anyway.) But I can surely relate to their excitement!

My cousin is expecting a little girl the same time my girls were due last year. We're going to have three little girls within a year of each other running around at the lake. Yay!

Another girlfriend is due with her third in the end of August. I lunched with her last week and she's looking awesome! Complete with the glow. There really isn't anything much sexier than the glow of pregnancy.

Our accountant is due in July with her first, trying to plan ahead for quarterly taxes and the likes already. She's so funny about it all! They'd been trying for a long time, so I'm really glad their family is finally starting.

Our electrician and his wife (who happened to be one of our nurses while I was in having my babies) are expecting now, too.

With so many due, it's hard to believe that we have so many friends who have recently had babies, too. Baby fever!

Shyla's little guy was born in late November and he's already almost the same size as Lillian! And Shari's tyke arrived in January and is growing like a weed, too! My girls had better keep on eating to keep up with those fellas!

I've been trying to figure out great baby gifts for all these little ones - unique ones that I've loved where I won't have to worry about duplicates. I have a few in mind for the coming babies, but I won't share my secrets here. : )

This week was a blast with our babies! Lillian's top two teeth are officially through. And the girls have kicked their colds/ear infections. (Unfortunately, I picked up their colds on Monday and have been wiped out! Today is the first day where I haven't woken up from a fever. I'm considering this a change to "on the mend" status.) Breanna is all over the place - she keeps rolling into the dining room and getting her legs stuck in the chair legs. They're both just smiling like crazy and talking up a storm. I love being a mom. Even when I'm hacking and wheezing and exhausted, I love it so much!

I hope all of you readers who are also parents are enjoying your kiddos this weekend. What a great time to stay inside and get silly together!

3 comments:

Newzmomma said...

Have you ever seen/tried babylegs? That might make a great gift. I ordered some online for my cousin's new baby. They're like 80s leg warmers, but cool, and keep the baby's legs warm and protected when they're in a onesie...makes them easier to change, etc.

Anyway, check them out at www.babylegs.net.

I've got two other cousins (they're twin sisters) who are pregnant now and anticipate I will be having a couple of neices or nephews arriving within the next year on both Nels' and my sides of the family. (And of course I'm still in negotiations, too. I'll keep you posted on that. Ha! :)

Take care!

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

I LOVE Babylegs! I bought my first set about a month ago and they are adorable in the greatest way! Breanna wears them with a pink onesie and a pink hairbow and looks just like a ballerina. I'll post a picture sometime soon. She has the Bubblegum style. I've seen a "recipe" for making your own out of long socks (like the ones you get with the individual toes in them). I've bought a couple pairs of the socks and am going to see if my sewing goddess of a mother can do them up for us. : )

I've searched high and low for other baby legwarmers (that aren't as spendy) and have found absolutely nothing. Oh well.

I can't wait until you get pregnant and then we can really chat it up!

Newzmomma said...

Yes, please post a photo of Breanna in her Babylegs! :) I saw a brief story about them in a parenting magazine and then checked them out online and thought they were so adorable. That's so cool you've tried them out and enjoy them. That's a great product endorsement. I'll have to buy them for my cousins for their baby showers. Let me know how your sewing goddess of a mother fares on making her own version of Babylegs. :) I'm sure they'll be cute.

Oh trust me...I can't wait to get pregnant either. :) My brother (who is getting married in July) has already told me they're going to start trying right away and then Nels' brother just got married in February and they're hoping to have a baby within the year, too....

The pressure is on ... on my hubby. :)