Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Two months already?


Our daughters are two months old and I can hardly believe it. In some ways, it's been such a long road that it feels like many many months. In other ways, it seems like they're still newborns. Wow - I've been a mom for two whole months - how lucky am I! They're over 6# and 8# now.

The girls and I have been enjoying our time at home together. We go for walks outside in the double stroller almost every day. The weather has been quite cooperative, so it's been a treat for all of us. Sometimes we wait until DW gets home from work and let him come with us. When he comes with, the dogs get to come, too.

We're not quite sleeping through the night yet, and some nights, not getting much sleep at all. But really, who can complain when the girls are so darn cute? Once Lillian is off the extra calories, she'll hopefully have a little less gas pain, and that will be a treat for all of us.

This past Saturday, we took a field trip to my family's cabin near Detroit Lakes. My Auntie Jeanne and her family were there along with my folks and my sister and brother-in-law. I had been really lonesome for some family time, and it was really a wonderful visit. I think we all had a nice time. The relatives got some baby time, the babies got cuddle time, and I got free time. My dad took DW, my Uncle Beaner and me out for a boat cruise around the lake and let me tell you, it was glorious! I came back refreshed and relaxed like nothing else.

Tonight, we spent our July 4th like townies. We bundled up the girls and walked across the cul-de-sac to watch the local fireworks display from our neighbors' deck. It was really weird not to watch the show reflecting on the lake, but I can't complain. Our neighbors have a 5-month-old daughter, so they're adjusting to their new family status, as well. It was a fun and quick little visit.

In the week ahead, we have doctor appointments. The girls get their first set of immunization shots, poor things, tomorrow afternoon. Then on Thursday, I'm seeing an accupuncturist to see if he can clear up this Bell's Palsy business. I have a feeling I might get a few hours out tomorrow night. My dear friend, Tina, has asked for a revisit to the Cork and Cleaver for a chat over Wednesday night teas. What a lovely idea. With this nice weather, we'll probably be able to enjoy ourselves on the patio. Something quite nice to look forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can hardly wait to come visit you all again! Sorry I haven't been around much lately, hopefully all that will change sometime soon. Do miss and love you all very much! Love, Liss