Thursday, July 20, 2006

How do you spell relief?

D-A-Y-C-A-R-E!

DW and I have been going back and forth on when to start our trial run with daycare. I'd planned for today and tomorrow mornings - just to see how long it would take to get out the door and drop off the girls and head to work. DW thought we needed this whole week.

He spent most of Saturday and all of Sunday at home with us, and got his first real taste of how crazy it really can be. It seems like the girls are getting more and more in sync with each other, which means they often wake up at the exact same moment - starving. Because they're still so little, they need to be held in one arm and fed with the other. DW asked how one handles two at once? "Creatively. And patiently," I explained.

Sometimes I put them both in carseats on the kitchen island and hold a bottle for each of them. Other times, I prop them in the corners of our big recliner. Other times, I give one a binkie and feed the other (this option rarely works, though).

Anyway, once he got a good taste of parenting twins this weekend, he insisted that we do daycare Tues. - Fri. this week - so that I can get a little break before I go back to work. He wanted me to take care of the important stuff, like getting a haircut, canceling one of our phone lines, catching up on some sleep, digging out those boxes of skinny clothes that are in our storage closet - way in the back, and the list goes on. So, it's a been a glorious, although too fast, week.

Off I go now to the Hyundai dealership. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that they have something I want so I can get rid of this lemon that I bought this spring. Although it's a 2005 and still under a bumper-to-bumper warranty, I've had it in 4 times for major stuff and 2 times for less major stuff. And now I can hear that the wheel bearing hub is bad. Unfortunately, that's a noise that I can now pick out after it happened with my last car. Augh. Cars. Oh well. In this climate, a motorbike just isn't that practical. I'm going back to my little foreign friends and giving up on domestic. Maybe I'll have better luck with my next purchase.

No comments: