Thursday, July 13, 2006

Last full week

As I'm winding down the week, I can't believe that this is my last full one being at home with the girls. Talk about mixed feelings! I've loved this time with them, all the snuggling and seeing their changes. On the other hand, I've started to get a little stir crazy. As DW has been working more and more into the evenings, I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed. Thank goodness for my wonderful sister, who has come to relieve me for a couple hours here and there so I can get out of the house without hauling two babies in a stroller, hoping no one wakes up.

Next Thursday and Friday, we're going to do a test run for mornings with our daycare. I'm planning to drop the girls off at 7:45 or so and leave them for a couple hours. Since mornings are by far my toughest time of day, I figure a couple of trials will be good so I can see just how early I have to get up in order to get to work on time. Plus, then our daycare lady can get a taste of how things go and be able to call me with questions.

Starting the week of the 24th, I start my new job and will be co-hosting my biggest client Monday through Thursday. Holy moly! I don't think it would be too good to have the phone ringing with baby questions. We're starting their planning for the upcoming year, so it should be interesting. What a great way to get to know what's going on right from the start. So, not only do I get to start at what seems to be a pretty nice little company, but also jump in right away. I'm excited! However, this is the first time I've had to be out of the house before 9 a.m. in years, and that alone (not to mention adding babies into the mix) is enough to scare the bejeebers out of me. Deep breaths. More deep breaths.

I'm also excited to get back to work and start earning money again. Since the bell's palsy came on, I haven't worked at all, thus no paychecks. I've been living off of what's in my checking account and been able to do just fine, but as we're getting further into summer, my balance is getting lower and lower and I really don't want to ask for money from DW or dip into my savings account. I haven't had to ask him for any money, and for some reason, I take great pride in that. Maybe because I know that it takes a lot of pressure off of him - not forcing him to support three more people than normal. So far, I've had him pick up one pack of diapers and two grocery trips, so it hasn't been anything much for changes for him. I know he's been trying to save up a bunch of money for some other exciting things, and it's been good so far.

So, here we are. My last week of staying home. As I write through my thoughts on this, my feelings are still mixed. Speaking of, I miss my girls. I'm going to go pick them up and cuddle.

No comments: