Monday, April 07, 2008

Still in Love

In case anyone wonders, I'm still head-over-heels for my DH. I was reminded of just how much I enjoy his company when he surprised the kids and me by spending the whole day with us. No work and no talk of work (from him, anyway). We went to church in the snowstorm this morning and the kids were great. We came home and had a nice lunch, and then we all napped. One girl was in each bedroom, DH on the couch, and Grant and me on the love seat. I'm guessing I was out for about an hour - and I was the shortest napper. Talk about a luxury! We even did a family diaper run to Sam's Club and made snowballs from our deck. It was a truly lovely Sunday.

DH got a good taste of the busy-ness of the 3-under-2 lifestyle. He commented that it seems like Grant wants to eat all the time, but usually at the most inopportune times. Yup. But it's doing him a lot of good. The kids were weighed and measured on Friday morning and guess how big the new little feller is? In a dry diaper, he was a whopping 12 lbs., 4 oz. I nearly fell over. Lillian weighed 23 lbs., 12 oz. and Breanna was 26 lb., 2 oz.

It seems like we're all in between sizes right now (all except for DH - he never seems to change shape/size). Grant has outgrown his first batch of onesies. The girls are between 18-month and 24-month clothes. And though I'm only one pound heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight, my proportions are out of whack, just like they were for the first three months after the girls arrived. My butt and legs are smaller from all the bouncing and walking (and chasing the twins), but my tummy isn't quite as flat as I remember it once being. Oh well, it seems like it all changes day by day, so I'm not too worried. The only thing I need to look nice for anytime soon is DH's brother's wedding on the 19th. But I still haven't decided what to wear, and since I'm changing shape each day, I'll wait until just a few days before. Brave, I know. Especially since most of my non-maternity clothes are in storage. I know I kept them either in the apartment closets or the garage here, but still... I haven't found many boxes yet.

And I still haven't made the time to print out birth announcements - that's my main goal for free time this week. (Middle-of-the-night insomnia time). My secondary goal is finding a good excuse (one that's believable but not offensive). I REALLY do not want to go to my future-sister-in-law's bachelorette party this weekend. I'd rather shovel manure for a week than be a part of one of those. The only other two I've been to have been rather mild, thankfully, but I have a feeling that the word "tasteful" will not be used in the appropriate context this weekend. So, please share your brilliant suggestions for how to get out of it. Your comments are always welcome.

5 comments:

Jodi Schwen: aka, Jacqueline Pine Savage @jackypine said...

Too bad you can't use the snowstorm excuse again ... what about pulling something crucial out of the innards of your minivan?

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Good thought. The problem is that the bachelor party for DH's brother is the same night, and as the best man, he feels quite obligated to be there. Strangely enough, the guys will likely be better behaved than the gals. And it's all happening about an hour's drive from here. Still not sure what I'll do...

DandeLion Soup said...

Not sure of a good excuse to miss the party, but you and I should definitely find time to get together this month.

hmm...maybe you can use the "I'm still breastfeeding and my pump is not working" excuse. :)

Anonymous said...

Tell 'em you contracted MRSA and it is highly contagious. Hopefully they haven't been reading the Mark Trail comic strip over the past week or so.

When you show up later without it - voila', a miracle! You're healed!

See, it really isn't that hard now, is it? :-)

Newzmomma said...

I personally like the tried-and-true pukin' flu excuse. Then you can miraculously get better later after the 24-hour virus ran its course through your body.

Good luck. Keep us posted on what you decided to do.