Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A "great" morning in the life




I have all three kiddos home with me today. While we're all in good spirits for the most part, we're wearing ourselves out. Or more accurately, the kids are wearing me out. The girls are refusing to wear pants or socks today. Great.

After breakfast, I was feeding Grant on the couch, listening to the crunches coming from the dining area of our apartment.
Nothing harmful sounding - just crunching.
I burped Grant and then investigated, only to find that the girls were taking item after item off the pantry shelves and tossing each thing over their shoulders. They emptied boxes of cake mixes (thankfully didn't open the bags - but which flavor goes with which will be a surprise), emptied a box of oatmeal packets, dumped out a container half-filled with jasmine rice, pulled tea bags out of their boxes, and were just diving into the cappuccino tins when I rounded the corner. Great, now here's another area they can get into that will likely drive me insane.

Right before lunch, Lilli found a black sharpie and secretly put on some "makeup" behind her little Dora kitchen in the living room. Right in front of me but out of sight. Ususally when she sits back there, she puts together puzzles. Great. I called the 800-number for Sharpie and the customer service rep said to just wash with soap and water for a few days and it would wear off. Ah, no, we will not being going out with faded marker on our faces. Turns out a little diluted nail polish remover works like a charm.

Then at nap time, Breanna went down like a champ. We've had to separate the girls to get them to sleep, so Lilli has to take naps in a pack and play in our bedroom. (The first day I tried the separation, Breanna scaled the side of the p-n-p and got into all kinds of mischief - like emptying my jewelry armoire, digging in the candles, eating my chapstick, emptying the spare change vase, bending the blinds, finding one of dad's exacto knives, etc.)
After about 20 minutes of peace and quiet, I heard Lillian crying. When I went to investigate, I just had to burst out laughing. She'd reached up and emptied three drawers of my lingerie. All the bras were in the bottom of the p-n-p. And all the panties were around her neck, and she was crying because she was so hot. I remembered my friend Crystal's comment about how every time her twins do something naughty, she usually laughs and grabs the camera before remembering to scold. I followed suit, so here's Lillian in all her intimate glory.
All has been quiet for close to a half hour now, but damn it anyway, some delivery jerk just rang the doorbell, and guess who woke up? All three. So much for my break.


1 comment:

Jodi Schwen: aka, Jacqueline Pine Savage @jackypine said...

Sexy undies!! My question is whether you would have posted the pix if they had been grandma-white-cotton-waist-highs?
Hmmmm?
;-)